I am embarrassed to admit that I avoided washing my running shoes for three months. Well, today I decided to stop putting it off and see if new Purex plus Clorox 2 Stain Fighting could change my attitude about washing these shoes.
I ran in these shoes in the rain and mud during our El Nino season and of course they were pretty stained and dirty.
Cleaning dirt stained shoes can take a while. Here is what I do.
How to get stains out:
- Soak in warm to hot water for a couple of hours.
- Pre-treat shoes
- Wash them alone on small load. (Following instructions on bottle)
- Wash in warm to hot water.
- Let air dry.
Purex Plus Clorox 2 Detergent:
- Works on 100 different stains
- Contains a powerful boost of Clorox 2 stain fighters
- Safe for colors (contains no chlorine bleach)
This detergent worked great on my filthy shoes. Typically I would soak my shoes, but I did not this time. Normally I would have used a stain remover (Fels Naptha) on the stained parts of my shoes. I wanted to see how well Purex would clean my shoes without pre-treating them. I was definitely pleased. My experience with Purex Plus Clorox 2 was just like what I have seen in the commercial.
Disclosure:Product/compensation was received in exchange for review.