I am not beach body ready, but I am on my way! I have been adding Gourmet Nut, chia, flax and hemp seeds to my smoothies.
Chia, flax and hemp seeds are quickly becoming the go-to health snack of the season because they contain important vitamins, minerals and fatty acids that may help protect and support the body. Gourmet Nut is incorporating them into delicious and healthy gourmet foods and snacks.
These seeds might be small in stature, but abundant in health benefits. Here’s a breakdown:
- Chia seeds: Helps lower cholesterol, protects the body from free radicals and cancer, and have as much calcium as a half a cup of milk.
- Flaxseeds: Reduce inflammation and lowers bad cholesterol. One ounce has more than twice the omega-3s as 4 ounces of salmon.
- Hemp seeds: Contains 10 grams of protein per serving, boosts the immune system and improves cardiovascular health.
So how can you incorporate these seeds into your everyday meals? It’s actually easier than you think:
- Try chia seeds the Giada way by including them in pudding (for breakfast!)
- Flaxseeds are most popular to use when baking desserts, especially cookies and muffins
- Use all three seeds on their own for home use in smoothies, yogurt, oatmeal, soup, salads or pastries, etc. (from Gourmet Nut)
- Use hemp seed to mix up some memory-boosting vegan granola.
These seeds are awesome! The owner of my son’s camp and I were talking about the benefits of these seeds, especially chia seeds. We are both feeding them to our entire family. She has recently been adding chia seeds to her muffins, because her children did not like the regularity chia seeds bring. She told me this after my son had the same discovery, now I am planning on adding them to muffins as well. Although, our kids do not like the regularity they are asking to have them adding to their food. Just the other day, my son added some to his jello.
My daughter and I, sampled Gourmet Nut’s Power up snacks, Mega Omega and Antioxidant Mix. I had the Antioxidant Mix and she had the Mega Omega. My daughter enjoyed Mega Omega it was packed with dried mango, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, walnuts and almonds most of the snacks she likes. I on the other hand a real treat. The Antioxidant Mix, made me think it was my cheat day. It was packed with raisins, walnuts, blueberries, pecans, cranberries and dark chocolate. My daughter and I agree the snacks were filling. They were just the right size and very delicious.
I have always incorporated flaxseed in my diet and had recently started adding chia, hemp is now the new seed being added to my smoothies. I do plan on adding the seeds to cookies and muffins as well.
Disclosure: Review products and other forms of compensation was received. All opinions are my own.
Don’t be afraid to be free!!!