Beginning May 9, 2013 Nestle Crunch Girl Scout Candy Bars pre-sale program began for fans to purchase while supplies last. After the pre-sale offering, fans must wait until early June, when the Nestle Crunch Girl Scout Candy Bars will become available at participating retail stores nationwide through September.
My family and I were lucky to sample the bars. We are not big sweet eaters, but who can resist Nestle Crunch Girl Scout Candy Bars???? You are literally getting the best of two worlds.
Okay….where do I begin. At first when the package arrived, I told my son, let’s just try one, we would share it since they came in two pieces in a package. We first tried Caramel and Coconut. I could not believe it, it literally tasted like Nestle and Girl Scout cookies. I am not in a position to eat sweets right now, but I could not resist. I looked at him and said, “Lets try Peanut Butter Crème.” Of course he would agree. Talking about a party in your mouth! This was by far the best, it was so rich and creamy. Forgive me, but I told him, I will eat this by myself and you can have another Carmel and Coconut. He was non the wiser, he does not like peanut butter or at least that is what he thought for a short while.
We agreed that we would save one of each bar for my daughter, Peanut Butter Crème, Carmel and Coconut and Thin Mints. Everyone loves Thin Mints, but I knew she would like Caramel and Coconut over Peanut Butter. She liked the ones I thought she would but surprisingly loved the Peanut Butter. After observing this, my son asked if he could try the very last Peanut Butter Crème, I felt guilty so I shared. He like my daughter loved Peanut Butter Crème. He says he does not like peanut butter, but likes these bars. I cannot explain that one.
As I understand it these Nestle Crunch Girl Scout Candy Bars were introduced in 2012 and have won several industry accolades and awards:
· Product of the Year: Best Innovation in the Candy Category by Consumer Survey Product Innovation
· Best New Product by Better Homes & Gardens
· Best Brand Extension by AdWeek
· Winner of Licensed/Limited Edition Category by the National Confectionary Sales Association New Product Awards
We may have missed them in 2012, but this year we were given the opportunity to sample and review the product and we love them!!!
· Thin Mints™ – Dark chocolate cookie wafers and mint chocolate crème, topped with airy crispies and a rich, dark chocolatey coating
· Caramel & Coconut – Cookie wafers layered with coconut caramel crème and chewy caramel, topped with toasted coconut and drizzled with caramel stripes
· Peanut Butter Crème – Cookie wafers layered with smooth peanut butter crème, topped with airy crispies and a creamy, chocolatey coating
About Girl Scouts of the USA
Founded in 1912, Girl Scouts of the USA is the preeminent leadership development organization for girls, with 3.2 million girl and adult members worldwide. Girl Scouts is the leading authority on girls’ healthy development, and builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. The organization serves girls from every corner of the United States and its territories. Girl Scouts of the USA also serves American girls and their classmates attending American or international schools overseas in 90 countries. For more information on how to join, volunteer or reconnect with, or donate to Girl Scouts, call 800-GSUSA-4-U (800-478-7248) or visit Girl Scouts of the USA.